In these times of uncertainty, one thing remains: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, it is new every morning, Great is His faithfulness!
We have all been impacted by the concerns due to the coronavirus pandemic. There are many changes that have been necessary, including the closing of schools across many nations, including our own nation. We are paying close attention to the ongoing communications from government officials regarding the ways we can stay healthy and protect one another.
For those of you who are considering attending one of our future programs (Discipleship Training School, Bible School for the Nations, or Mission Adventure outreaches), we are still accepting applications and are planning to operate them as scheduled, depending on directives from governmental sources. In the meantime, let’s continue to pray for God’s intervention in the midst of this crisis in such a way that brings comfort and protection to all those affected.
We will continue to be in communication regarding any schedule changes, and if there are questions you may have, please contact us by email or phone.
In regards to our current response to the Coronavirus 2019-nCoV pandemic, we are following the guidelines and recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as to what precautions and action steps we need to take at our YWAM Madison facilities. Our first concern is for the safety of all our staff and students.
In response to the Coronavirus:
- We have made significant adjustments to our normal day to day activities and interactions, including our staff and student gatherings, in accordance with CDC recommendations. Currently we have no staff or students showing symptoms of the illness.
- We have brought our outreach teams home from the field and are following CDC recommendations regarding quarantines and social distancing.
- We have postponed international outreaches that were to take place this spring.
- We are training all of our staff and students on best practices to minimize risk and we will continue to make any necessary adjustments.
We are committed to:
- Relevant and timely communication to all our students and staff concerning any important changes and updates related to the Coronavirus 2019-nCoV, locally and internationally.
- Following the guidelines and recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Taking all necessary steps and ongoing precautions needed to keep all of our facilities clean and healthy for all who are participating with us.
For additional information about the Coronavirus please go to the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
Director, YWAM Madison
Updated: March 17, 2020